Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Del Amo Behavioral Health Systems of Southern California!
Del Amo Behavioral Health System provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatment for children, adolescents and adults in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. Led by clinicians recognized for their expertise in mental illness, Del Amo Behavioral Health System provides a peaceful setting for those seeking treatment for mental health, detoxification, sexual addiction, eating disorders, and trauma-related issues. To learn more about our programs and services, please visit our website at www.delamohospital.com or send your resume to DelAmoHR@uhsinc.com.
We currently have positions available for a Clinical Social Worker at Del Amo Hospital. Del Amo Hospital is a 166-bed behavioral health facility that is located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles.
Del Amo Hospital provides a full spectrum of quality mental health care that includes: assessments and referrals, crisis intervention, adolescent and adult services, as well as specialty programs. Del Amo has distinguished itself through a wide range of programs that are individually tailored to each client's individual needs. Del Amo's commitment to service excellence extends to all with whom we come into contact. We are committed to ensure our patients receive the optimal level of care that will be most beneficial to their recovery. Through the capabilities of our professional team continuously improving our systems and processes, we strive to be the premiere provider of mental health services. Del Amo Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and is licensed by the State of California Department of Health Services.
The Clinical Social Worker assists in the integration of social services functions in the patient care, discharge planning and aftercare planning process with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and health care facilities. The Clinical Social Worker provides direct care to patients as appropriate and ensures compliance with quality patient care and regulatory standards. The Clinical Social Worker assists patients and their families through the use of psychotherapeutic skills to understand, identify and resolve complex problems resulting from psychiatric illnesses utilizing group and individual therapies.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct psychosocial assessments within 72 hours for inpatient services, and three (3) attendance days for outpatient services.
2. Respond to all requests for assistance within 72 hours of requests.
3. Provide individual therapy, as needed.
4. Provide social work consultation to physician, nurses, other hospital staff members, patients, patient's relatives and coordinates with community agencies upon requests and in coordination with assigned social worker.
5. Complete clinical paperwork and assigned clerical duties as assigned.
6. Assist Clinical Coordinator with administrative functions as assigned.
7. Maintain accurate files of patient services provided.
8. Maintain statistical report of services provided; submits to supervisor as requested.
9. Attend appropriate meetings, workshops, and conferences to maintain social work sills and keep informed of community resources available.
10. Provide discharge planning services and arrange for post-hospital/post-outpatient treatment care of patients through external services as requested.