Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies operating through its subsidiary acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 72,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence, and compassion.
Palmetto Summerville Behavioral Health is a 64-bed Residential Treatment Center that offers quality behavioral health services to adolescents aged 7-20 with mental illness, emotional disturbance, and behavioral or conduct issues. We are seeking a PRN UR Coordinator with a strong utilization review background, who is inspired by a challenging and rewarding environment. This individual:
* Provides case management overview.
* Works closely with Therapists in obtaining adequate clinical documentation.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with insurance providers.
* Maintains communication with collateral contacts, referral sources, community services, and parental or legal guardians.
* Maintains records and documents associated with delivery of service.
* Maintains an awareness of community and market-related activities, including knowledge of the activities of other providers, needs of local payers, and the political climate related to mental health.
* Participates in activities that enhance professional growth and development.
This individual should have a firm understanding of, and be comfortable navigating, MCO's. He or she will review the effectiveness of the comprehensive interface with external reviewers, communicate with external reviewers and MCO's to ensure timely and appropriate interactions, monitor outcomes of reviews, and provide consultation, as needed.
Our professional team is enthusiastic, resourceful, and creative in treating everyone as a guest.