Are you an experienced Revenue Cycle leader who is looking to jump start your career as a Regional Director over a large academic medical center and a state-of-the-art children's hospital? Working within the largest non-profit health care system in Texas? With a lower cost of living, no state income tax, and about a 2 hour drive to Austin, San Antonio, or DFW?
If this sounds interesting to you, please consider the Regional Director of Access Services position within the Baylor Scott & White Health Care system. This position has patient access oversight of the Temple region, including Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple and Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Hospital in Temple.
The Regional Director of Access Services performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment, and scope and is responsible for oversight of multiple facilities. Provides leadership for all Access Services activities performed in designated business units. Seeks best practice solutions to improve quality, efficiency, and the patient experience through standardization of work, process improvement and effective use of technology. Assures financial risk is minimized through continuous staff training, adherence to policies and procedures, and monitoring of outcomes for negative trends. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements pertaining to Access Services and Financial Services activities.
* Responsible for the planning and implementation of functional area-based system applications, developing work teams, delegating tasks, coordinating unit or departmental projects, workflow, training, development of staff, and managing the department budget.
* Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and ongoing development and evaluation of individuals within scope of responsibility. Utilize Core Values as the basis for management, making them a part of recruitment, orientation, and training for employees. This includes but is not limited to fostering individual motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance. In addition, is responsible for coaching and counseling of employees. Serves as a change agent, coach, mentor, team builder, and facilitator. Leads by example.
* Maintain adequate oversight of all financial counseling functions including oversight to eligibility vendor activities to minimize exposure to potential financial loss. This includes reviewing monthly statistical reports and monthly return reconciliation processes. Maintain adequate oversight to Baylor Scott & White Healthcare charity processes and policies.
* Where applicable provides oversight and direction to entity leaders that maintain and monitor web based or portal registration systems to ensure all transactions are processed timely and accurately for locations assigned and use of the equipment is efficient to workflow.
* Serves as a subject matter expert in the requirements, rules and regulations of third party payers, Medicare, Medicaid, and governmental programs. Leads implementation of new or revised regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrated understanding of Utilization Management as it relates to continuum of care for inpatients. Ability to communicate and work with physicians, physician office personnel, associates, case managers, third party payer review personnel, and others in order to expedite the utilization review process to avoid negative financial impact on the facility.
* Responsible for meaningful reporting on progress towards the achievement of goals and/or the resolution of department issues that may surface from time to time for locations assigned.
* Meets on a regular basis with Access Services leadership team to develop and implement standardization of processes, the attainment of performance targets, appropriate staffing levels and financial performance including but not limited to up-front collections, denial management, and bad debt reduction initiatives for locations assigned.
* Participates in activities outside the department such as committee assignments.
* Where applicable the Region Access Services Director serves as the liaison between the Central Access Services Department and the site. Serves as a key promoter of the Central Access Services department which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. Also manages cashiering and financial counseling functions for all locations assigned.
* Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
* Registration regulatory requirements in the hospital and clinic environments. Skills need to include knowledge of hospital operations, revenue cycle services and CMS regulations. Working knowledge of hospital systems utilized in revenue cycle functions including registration.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Ability to establish and maintain working relationships. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally; courtesy; initiative; resourcefulness.
* Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience
* 5 years of experience
Internal Number: 18004564
About Baylor Scott & White
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!