Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Make your move to Alaska! Experience the midnight sun in the summer, a front-row seat to the northern lights in the winter, and the opportunity to advance your career as you broaden your scope of practice.
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, a subsidiary of Foundation Health Partners, is actively recruiting an inpatient psychiatrist to join our highly experienced team. As part of a rural health system, you will have the opportunity to manage aspects of care that might not be possible in larger settings, allowing you to round out your skills and expand your breadth of experience.
The recently remodeled inpatient unit at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is staffed by a collegial multidisciplinary team who are highly committed to providing patient-centered care. As a department, we recognize the importance of extended time spent with patients needed to build trusting relationships and increase patient outcomes. We practice weekly case staffing collaborations with community partners, which allow us to utilize resources in our community to provide the highest level of care.
- Compensation: $390k base salary, $36k additional on-call compensation, $65k sign-on bonus.
- Schedule: 260 8/hr shifts per year, 35 of which can be redeemed for PTO. Limited on-call requirement.
- Patients: 20-bed unit, average of 12 patients per day, adult only.
- Team: Department is well-supported by two full-time psychiatric nurse practitioners, two psychiatrists, case managers, and social workers.
- Partner with Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences and the University of Washington through our established relationship. You will have access to their resource library and will have the opportunity to join their faculty as a preceptor.
Foundation Health Partners:
Foundation Health Partners is a community-owned and operated health system in Fairbanks, Alaska, comprised of 3 facilities, including Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Tanana Valley Clinic, and Denali Center, a long-term care facility. As the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are highly committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors.
FHP is proud to offer its providers:
- Professional autonomy and clinical work freedom.
- Strong commitment to work-life balance. Not just words, our leadership values your time.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary with scalable income opportunities.
- $5,000 Paid CME per year, licensure reimbursement, and paid malpractice insurance.
- Opportunity to collaborate with the state's most extensive multidisciplinary health system.
- Consult, collaborate, and access Mayo Clinic resources through FHP's partnership with Mayo Clinic Care Network
- EMR goal - one patient, one chart, one bill.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status = eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
Submit your CV for confidential consideration to Mikki Bateman, Provider Recruiter, at 907-458-2729 or email@example.com Visit our website at Physicians of Foundation Health Partners - Foundationhealthpartners Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer.
Living in Fairbanks:
As the second largest city in Alaska, Fairbanks offers a unique blend of large-town amenities, breathtaking landscapes, and plenty of wide-open space, making this community one of the most special in the country. With a rich history and plentiful diversity, Fairbanks is proud to be called the Golden Heart City, and only once you visit will you understand the name to be true.
- Second largest city in Alaska at 100,000 residents.
- College Town - University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF Community & Technical College
- Military Community - Ft. Wainwright Army Post & Eielson Air Force Base.
- 23 Elementary Schools | 4 Middle Schools | 5 High Schools | robust youth sports programs
- No state income tax and no sales tax.
Summer activities: Midnight sun, hiking, fishing, camping, gold panning, kayaking, berry picking, community-wide festivals, and events.
Winter activities: Northern lights, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling, ice fishing, dog mushing, hunting, ice art, etc.
Graduate of an approved school of medicine with licensure in state where he/she practices.
Board Eligible/Board Certified by appropriate certifying board. Current DEA number.
Must apply for and maintain Medical Staff membership and clinical privileges at appropriate facilities if required by Physician's employment agreement. Requires commitment to healthcare and concern for people in distress, critical listening skills and ability to communicate clearly, desire to work with all types of people and work as a team member and excellent interpersonal skills. Able to meet desired business outcomes while maintaining quality of care. Must be willing to update skills constantly.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.