Location: Newark, Delaware
Is working with an encouraging team important to you? This is your chance to be a part of an outstanding team of healthcare professionals.
Christiana Care Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse to work 36 hours per week on the Night Shift at our Christiana Hospital on the 3C/3D Transitional Stepdown Unit. Weekend and Holidays - per the guidelines of the department.
The Transitional Medical Unit (TMU)/3D & 3C Intermediate Unit team offers an unique opportunity to provide care for acutely ill patients requiring different levels of care. AACN Beacon Award Recipient, Bronze and Silver
Utilize critical thinking and clinical expertise to assess, plan, and deliver individualized care to an adult patient population with a respiratory focus. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the interdisciplinary team including nursing, social work, pharmacy, respiratory therapist, hospitalists, and consultants such as Pulmonologists, Nephrologists, Cardiologists, and Infectious Disease.
A range of diagnoses including ventilator dependent respiratory failure, COPD, Pulmonary Hypertension, Acute Renal Failure, GI Bleed, DKA, Sepsis, and many others. TMU/3C nurses are highly skilled in caring for acutely ill and complex patients, who are proficient in ventilator management, trach care, suctioning, wound care, and more.
We deliver comprehensive patient care that is patient and family centered to ensure patient comfort and positive outcomes by providing education related to medications and disease process. In addition, you will closely monitor patients and manage any emergencies than may arise. Once stabilized, we assist with the transition of patients to the appropriate level of care. We assist in managing 3-4 patient assignment.
We offer a variety of part time and full time positions and pride ourselves with flexible scheduling to meet the individual needs of our team members. The leadership team to devoted to providing professional advancement opportunities for our staff, such as guiding our nurses to become a preceptor, charge RN, member of unit and/or system council, and certified.
We encourage board certification in Medical-Surgical, Geriatric, Progressive Care, and/or Critical Care Nursing.
Qualities & Experience We are Looking For:
Excellent communication & prioritization skills
Ability to work effectively and professionally with an interdisciplinary team and peers
A positive outlook and willingness to embrace change
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial mentor, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
What are we about: Our mission as an organization is to serve our neighbors as expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value. This is our promise to you. As a nonprofit health system, our mission is one of service. We believe that the key to providing truly great health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare has the most advanced health care technology available to help meet your needs. But more important than the technology is our commitment to partner with you to meet your individual needs. We want to care for you and help you live the healthy life you want to live.
- BSN required.
- ADNs candidate are required to commitment to obtaining BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- Qualified applicants will have at least one year experience. Acute care or sub acute care experience preferred.
- BLS required