Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is responsible for providing clinical therapeutic patient care services in a professional, timely, and effective manner to ensure compliance with hospital, regulatory, government, and program goals and requirements. The Expressive Therapist improves patients' overall mental, emotional, and physical well-being by applying the techniques of various art forms to increase social function, improve coordination and communication, and enable expression of feelings. Expressive Therapists generally specialize in a particular area, such as dance and movement, music, or art therapies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct service to adolescent and adult inpatient and outpatient patients.
- Performs assessments to determine therapeutic and functional goals for the patients.
- Develops treatment plans with varied interventions based on assessment, interests and objectives of therapy.
- Assess patients' development, abilities, personality, interests and conflicts through their medium.
- Prepares and submit patients' reactions and progress reports and confers with treatment team.
- Maintains and completes required clinical documentation.
- Attends multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Provides in-service programs to educate staff and volunteers about expressive therapy.
- Attends clinical in-service programs and continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains expressive therapy supplies and equipment.
- Oversees interns and shadowing experiences for students as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Expressive Therapy; Master's degree in Art, Music, Dance, Movement Therapy or related field required.
- If Art Therapist - Board certified in Art Therapy (ATR-BC) required within six months of hire.
- If Music Therapist - Board certified in Music Therapy (MT-BC) required within six months of hire.
- If Dance/Movement Therapist - Board certified in Dance/Movement Therapy (DMTCB) required within 6 months of hire.
- Previous inpatient/outpatient mental health/substance abuse experience required.
- CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider) required.
- CPI certification required within 90 days of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.