Location: Boardman, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Offering $10,000 sign on bonus!
36 hours per week
Variable Shifts available
The Registered Respiratory Therapist Level III - Transport assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses the current status, cardiopulmonary needs, immediate airway, and ventilatory needs of the critically ill neonate, pediatric, or adult patient in the transport, intensive care, and general care environment.
- Provides respiratory interventions for premature, pediatric, and adult patients with the scope of practice
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Provides patient/family education to meet the identified learning needs, utilizing adult and child education principles
- Participates in the education of referral and ACH staff.
- Precepts students and employees
- Participates in the interprofessional orientation of new staff and functions as a clinical resource as needed.
- Provides care in all patient care areas within home base of hire
- Provides care during a high-risk delivery
- Non-dedicated transport must be competent to provide care for at least one additional site (i.e. Akron Main Hospital or regional NICU or pediatric unit) within the ACH enterprise.
- Serves on at least one department or patient services committee
- Serves as a resource person for respiratory care staff and or transport staff, members of the inter-professional team as well as staff at partnering organizations or referral facilities.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in respiratory care is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- Proficiency in electronic health record software used for inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software used for transport is required/preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory Care.
- Years of relevant experience: Greater than 3 years of neonatal/pediatric critical care experience is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist credential awarded by the National Board for Respiratory Care is required.
- Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is required
- Health Care Provider required EMT-B credential is preferred for dedicated transport RRT's ATLS certification is preferred for therapists participating in air/ground pediatric critical care transports. Successful completion of initial and yearly intubation competency as well as the transport simulation and crew resource management training at ACH is required.
- PALS, ACLS, NRP & STABLE are required within 1 year of hire. PFCCS and ABLS are also required for those who do pediatric critical care transport, by the employee's first anniversary and will be scheduled after hire.
- Current pediatric specialty credential (e.g. NPS, CNPT or A-EC) is required within 2 years of hire.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from the floor, and may participate in an assisted lift of up to 150 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in a clinical setting, inpatient, mobile and may enter a patient home as required. Hours vary based on shift and will require day, evening, weekend holiday hours as needed.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: