Location: Mount Kisco, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: PHYSI005247
Position Overview: The Physical Therapist restores patient's function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administers physical therapy treatments by giving massages; initiating traction; applying physical agents; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents all patient care in electric health record utilizing appropriate templates where applicable.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops physical therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Education:
- Must have valid Physical Therapy license in the state(s) of practice
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program
- Prefer at least one year experience, but qualified new graduates will be considered.
- Current CPR certification
- Exceptional patient service skills and ability to demonstrate clinical excellence
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability