Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a RN to join our team on 6E's Surgical unit! We are currently offering a day shift position!! Come be a part of an engaging team that focuses on professional growth and development and achieving the highest quality outcomes for our patients. We take pride in our teamwork, as each day is better when we partner with our co-workers and find some fun along the way! Our patient population is vast, which allows our team to build competence in a variety of skillsets and specialties. Our specialties include:
- Bariatric (Center of Excellence for 10 years)
- Acute Care Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Cystic Fibrosis
Come join our team!
* SIGN ON BONUS & RELO ELIGIBLE FOR NEW-HIRE RN'S WITH 1+ YRS EXP! *
- 6 East is a fast-paced 35 bed Surgical unit that is an ideal place to build strong clinical skills while caring for an increasingly diverse patient population.
- Typical RN to patient ratios on this unit are 1:5, with reduced ratios of 1:4 for acuity when necessary. For CNAs, the ratios are typically 1:8-10.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Evaluating patients and assisting physicians with patient care.
- Plans, implements, and documents nursing care based on patient's needs.
Your New Team!
When you are here, you are family. It is the 6 East way and has been an integral part of our culture for as long as anyone here can remember. The safety and well-being of our patients and our team members are at the forefront of everything we do. We are constantly striving toward this by maintaining a positive and supportive culture. Over the years, we have found that we build relationships with our team members at work, but we strengthen those bonds outside of the walls of the hospital. Whether it is a seasonal party organize by our R&R committee, or a night on the town with our work family, we make fun a priority.
To further support a healthy work/life balance, our nurse managers and our scheduling specialist will work with you to create a schedule that works well for you as well as for the team. Our Unit Based Educator will also work with you to provide a tailored orientation that is comprehensive, yet flexible enough to provide the most positive beginning to your journey with us.
- All newly graduated RNs will be enrolled in our STAR residency program and Bootcamp program as a way to support your clinical journey to becoming a nursing professional.
- For those still working toward a degree, St Luke's offers tuition reimbursement, and for those who already have their degree in hand, St Luke's offers assistance in obtaining several advanced certifications (i.e. Med-Surg, Bariatrics, Cardiovascular, and others).
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays, and short-term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Education: Nursing Degree (BSN preferred)
- Experience: 1+ years of RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
*** Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Ranked in the top 50 hospital systems in the country, St Luke's knows the importance of implementing an Inter-disciplinary, team-based model to care for those in our community and support our front-line staff teammates. The modern healthcare landscape yields challenges that require constant collaboration, and to that end, St Luke's and 6 East offer support options that include remote Virtual Care RNs and remote patient monitoring, ADT RNs, Hospital Resource RNs, Crisis RN, Rapid Response Teams, Vascular Access Team, and on-unit case managers and pharmacists.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.