Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking a full-time Recreational Therapist to join our Inpatient Rehab team.
Join a multi-disciplinary team in a medical setting who are skilled at working with patients with a variety of neuro diagnoses in an inpatient rehab setting. If it's your desire to be able to work in a hospital environment, spend 1:1 with patients, and have a variety of resources in your practice including acquatics, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Coordinates care between other professional disciplines as needed for patients with functional deficits associated with musculoskeletal, neurological, integumentary, and cardiopulmonary system(s). Emphasis is on using leisure activities to help patients deal with disabilities or illness, and through the use of games, crafts, sports, or other activities assist patient's to maintain their emotional and physical well-being.
- Shares essential information is shared through documentation and oral communication with health care team members and other customers common to the unit/areas(s) of assignment.
- Initiates assessment based on patients presenting problem or needs and the physicians medical diagnosis, including collecting key information from the patient, family, other caregivers, and medical report.
- Determines the patient care priorities with special consideration given to patient teaching, discharge planning, and the growth and development needs of the patient and determines which standards of care and practice apply to the patient and documents assessment.
- Completes ongoing assessments according to policy and/or as determined by the patient condition or change of condition.
- Performs therapeutic interventions as ordered by the physician and/or other care providers, with emphasis helping the patient deal with disability or illness through leisure (games, craft, and sport) and communication reintegration activities.
- Determines the impact of interventions on the patient's condition and recognize the patient's progress towards meeting desired outcomes.
- Manages the Activities program needs of the sub-acute rehabilitation unit to meet legal requirements of unit. Emphasis is on using leisure activities to help patients deal with disabilities or illness, and through the use of games, crafts, sports, or other activities assist patient's to maintain their emotional and physical well-being.
- Resources recreational therapy services locally and regionally.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in recreation therapy, leisure studies, or psychology.
- Experience: 2 years's experience.
- License/Certification: Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS), American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.