Location: Wilmington, Delaware
The Perioperative Services Service Coordinator is responsible for providing guidance, clinical expertise, and mentoring to members of the health care team within the specialty while optimizing available resources to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Responsible for coordinating the following services: Ophthalmology/ENT/Adult Delivery/Dental
This primary position at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware, will include collaboration with the Nemours Children's Health, Surgery Center, Bryn Mawr, PA and the Nemours Children's Health, Surgery Center, Deptford, NJ to optimize available resources in achieving optimal patient outcomes. This position may require travel to the ambulatory surgery centers. Travel is compensated based on organizational policy.
This position requires active registered nurse (RN) licensure in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, and current Pennsylvania Clearances to include FBI Fingerprint Report, PA Criminal Background Record, & PA Child Abuse Clearance. This position requires working shifts aligned with the needs of the department and the assigned FTE of the RN. This position can include on-call and holiday requirements based on the needs of the department.
- Acts as a clinical resource for perioperative services personnel within the specialty using professional guidelines and evidence-based standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in utilization and application of the electronic medical record, instrument management system, tissue management system, integration, navigation, and all intraoperative technology and software.
- Coordinates perioperative patient care with other members of the surgical team to include participation in staffing and scheduling requirements dependent upon the needs of the department.
- Performs surgical case management with other members of the surgical team to include timely review of the surgical schedule and revisions to procedure cards.
- Acts as a mentor and consultant to advise the perioperative team in areas of specialty expertise.
- Assists perioperative personnel in evaluating practice and in creating strategies for further improvement within the specialty.
- Provides educational resources and coordinates with the perioperative clinical nurse educator regarding perioperative team education specific to the specialty.
- Organizes quality or performance improvement activities within the specialty.
- Acts as a positive change agent in coordinating, facilitating, and managing change within the specialty area and department.
- Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care related to the specialty area with anticipation of surgical instrumentation, special equipment, support services, and vendor assistance.
- Manages the specialty operationally and fiscally to include, but not limited to, new product submissions and annual Capital Budget requests with consideration for financial implications of associated supplies, equipment, and human resources.
- Collects and analyzes data that applies to the specialty to facilitate collaboration and negotiation with stakeholders.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives, departmental/organizational projects/committees, and interviews/orientation of new associates.
- Delaware or compact nursing license to start, PA, & NJ RN license within six months
- BSN required
- American Heart Association BLS to start, PALS within six months, ACLS within one year.