Location: Hannibal, Missouri
Position: Case Manager (RN/LVN/SW)
Setting: Acute Rehab
City/State: Hannibal, MO
Location: Hannibal Regional
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
As a Case Manager / CM you will:
- Coordinate management of care for a specified patient population in a single hospital.
- Follows patients throughout the continuum of care and ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies.
- Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs.
- Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
As a Social Worker you will:
- Work closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team to ensure the patient's medical, psychological and social needs are met.
- Ensure seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of care.
- Assist the Program Director in assessing internal patients for admission to the Rehab Unit.
- Have strong rehab experience and possess the skills necessary to develop the case management, social work, and discharge planning service for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of changes in community resources
- Stay informed of Medicare regulations regarding acute medical inpatient rehabilitation IRF.
- Have an excellent understanding of effective interface between patients, families, and medical professionals.
- Knowledge of CARF standards, Medicare regulations for inpatient acute rehabilitation are helpful.
As a Social Worker you will have:
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- If required by state practice laws, current Social Work license (MSW) or eligibility
- Experience in the provision of Social Service preferred in inpatient medical rehabilitation
- Social Service related experience in a health care setting desirable, such as acute care and/or rehabilitation
- Must have clinical experience working with individuals, families and groups.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic services provided by various health and welfare organizations in the community
- Current CPR certification, if required by the facility assigned to.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the residents served.
- Computer skills and knowledge of basic computer program
- Must have strong leadership skills
As a Case Manager / CM you will have:
- Appropriate minimum degree for preferred licensure or certification or commensurate experience in a related healthcare field.
- Healthcare professional licensure required as Registered Nurse, LVN or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- Appropriate certification in Case Management preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification.
- Clinical experience preferably in med-surg and post acute care settings
- Good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently.
- Incumbent shall have demonstrated progressive responsibility in previous job roles, positive communication skills and basic computer word processing ability.
- Knowledge of reimbursement benefits and requirements including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid and managed care is required.
- Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently.
If you are a current employee Click Here.