Hospital Registration Specialist
Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
Responsible for the onsite registration, arrival processes, discharge and insurance validation, with occasional guidance. Resolves issues related to registration, billing, insurance, and payment of accounts.
- Performs all assigned area functions per departmental guidelines.
- Performs administrative functions to ensure the department operates according to policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensures that all cases are entered accurately and thoroughly into the admissions, discharge, transfer and billing system.
- Provides customer service and status updates in waiting room, in-room, and prior to patient departure.
- Requests payment and provides payment plan information for patient account balances when necessary.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Vanderbilt Behavioral Health provides specialized inpatient, outpatient and emergency psychiatric care for children, adolescents and adults. We offer settings where patients and families feel safe, supported and treated with compassion and dignity. Our programs help patients with behavioral and psychological health challenges, including anxiety, depression, emotional distress, mood or personality disorders and many other mental health issues. Our experienced team works closely with other medical specialists to ensure you receive comprehensive care tailored to your needs and goals.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Thursday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.