***$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates***
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Case Manager will identify, coordinate, or provide appropriate levels of care under the direct supervision of an RN or MD. Function is responsible for clinical operations and medical management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating). This includes case management, coordination of care, and medical management consulting. Function may also be responsible for providing health education, coaching and treatment decision support for members.
If you are located in Las Vegas, NV, you will have the flexibility to work 85% field-based as well as remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Applies motivational interviewing in identifying impact on member engagement and setting goals
- Member education, medication reconciliation and benefit management
- Ensures follow through with the Care Navigation Team; timely appointments and referrals to programs, health plan and community
- Facilitate patient/family and provider communications as indicated and advocate for patient/family with healthcare team as needed
- Ensures coordinated services delivered and available programs are accessed
- Communicate with stakeholders, appropriate health care related information to ensure timely coordination care and services for members currently receiving inpatient care
- Utilizes approved clinical criteria to asses and determine appropriate level of care for members currently receiving inpatient care
- Identified point of contact for managing transitions of care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- 3+ years of direct patient care nursing with a focus on discharge planning or case management
- Knowledge of UM and plan benefit designs
- Competent with MS Office and other practice management systems or possess the ability to continue to learn new things
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- CCM certification
- Proficient in critical thinking skills of RN Case manager
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks for self and patients
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform case management activities
- Solid clinical knowledge and capacity for continued learning
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.