Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Navigator (PN) enhances navigation through the complexity of hospital admissions for patients and providers as dedicated patient-care facilitators without clinical responsibilities integrated as full members of the inpatient care team responsible for enhancing communication between and among patients and providers. This position will be under the general guidance of the Administrator responsible for inpatient hospital service.
- Reconcile inpatient census with hospitalists and Trucare information
- Assist hospitalists to obtain medical records from outside entities including accurate medication list, specialist consults, hospital records, and any other records requested
- Obtain follow up appointments with primary care physician, and specialists if applicable, prior to discharge, working with the case management and transitions team to coordinate optimal timing
- Liaison for the hospitalists and patients to the clinic health coaches, triage nurses, clinic administrators and primary care physicians if any information needed from hospital portal
- Obtain accurate medication lists on admission and discharge from inpatient facility. Utilize eCW and ePRG as needed to reconcile information
- Assist with medication delivery to patients prior to discharge through relationships with local pharmacy
- Communicate by phone to patients and families after discharge to identify barriers and issue which could possibly cause readmission while appropriately working with primary care clinic staff to resolve
- Coordinate referrals to Palliative Care Program or hospice when requested
- Follow up with hospital and WellMed Case Managers prior to discharge to ensure discharge planning occurs in a timely manner. Be available to answer questions regarding discharge plan and needs of patient and/or family
- Coordinate medical record requests for outside records as needed by the hospitalist team, utilitizing eCW as appropriate or communicating directly with outside physicians
- Assist with DataRAPs initiative to utilize hospitalist encounters to capture HCC codes, including tracking mechanism to measure success
- Gather data as needed and organize participation in PCC meetings creating better collaboration between primary care physicians and hospitalists
- Assist with completion of patient satisfaction surveys for the providers on the hospitalist team including data entry into the appropriate database
- Work with the administrator and hospitalists to identify issues affecting quality, readmissions, leakage, and increased length of stay while working to identify processes to improve
- Monitor quality measures in EPRG to so that when possible metrics can be addressed while in hospital. Understand how to access pink box report and other tools to notify hospital teams of any gaps outstanding for each patient
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This is an office-based position near Capitol HWY 360 / Presidio Bldg.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Outlook
- Medical terminology knowledge base
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital
- Additional years of experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Bilingual language proficiency (English/Spanish)
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal and written communication skills to include but not limited to patients, physicians, clinical staff, contracted providers and managers
- Maintain and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism to include both personal conduct and appearance at all times
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to include but limited to patients and coworkers
- Able to comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Able to adhere to all department policies and procedures
- Able to work independently, with some supervision and direction from manager
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.