Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Come Join a team of hard working, compassionate, and experienced Respiratory Therapist - RRT team at St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls! we are looking for a RRT Apprentice who wants to get great hands on experience that will help you pass your boards and make a career for yourself moving forward. As a RRT Team we take to heart making a difference in our patients lives and strive each day to give them the best experience! Our team works together cohesively to accomplish the best care and provide a comfortable environment. St. Luke's has a rich culture and is a top 15 Health System nation wide! join the team that will help you grow your skills and achieve your goals!
The Respiratory Therapy Apprentice will assist in the therapy of individuals with healthcare issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system on adult general inpatient care areas excluding critical care. The RT Apprentice will be provided on shift support by a licensed a Respiratory Therapist. RT Apprentice documentation will be review and countersign. The RT manager/supervisor will be responsible for the activities of the RT Apprentice.
- Initiate assessment based on the patient's presenting problems or needs and the physician's medical diagnosis.
- Complete ongoing assessments according to policy and/or as determined by patient condition.
- Independently perform therapeutic interventions on the adult inpatient care floor. Excludes: Ventilators, emergency room, all critical care and pediatrics. If under continuous direct supervision, RT interns may perform any excluded intervention.
- Determine the impact of interventions on the patient's condition and recognize the patient's progress toward meeting desired outcomes.
- Document care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities.
- Coordinate care between other professional disciplines as needed for patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
- Share essential information, through documentation and oral communication, with healthcare team members and other customers common to the unit/area(s) of assignment.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Current enrollment in a university program for respiratory therapy; Minimum of 3 semesters of preceptor clinical education
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current CPR Healthcare Provider certification.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Ryan at email@example.com
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.