Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Psychiatry - Addiction
Applies the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborates in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Furthers professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards.
- Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum.
- Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Addiction Division-Specific Roles:
- Provides patient education regarding medications and co-morbid medical issues as appropriate.
- Meets directly with patients to assist them with coordination of medical issues within context of education
- Coordinates medical care and pharmacy benefits on behalf of patients
- Arranges/coordinates primary care and consultation appointments with subspecialty physicians as needed by the medical team
- Coordinates key medical studies on behalf of patients as appropriate including imaging and labs
- Completes required medication authorizations and coordinates medication acquisition and/or delivery with patient and pharmacy.
- Coordinates OORA referrals for medical care as needed
- Maintains and updates a list of primary care and medical referral resources.
- Participates in Hub team meetings, academic conferences and shared rounds.
- Provides back-up to medical assistant for workflow elements including urine drug testing, vital signs, and medication reconciliation.
- Management of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT)
- Screening for OPAT in VUH
- Assists provider staff in monitoring of laboratory results, including urine drug testing and laboratory monitoring for outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT).
- Coordination of necessary elements of Home Health
The Department of Psychiatry provides inpatient and outpatient services to children, adolescents, and adults with mental illnesses.
The major site for inpatient services is the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (VPH).
Outpatient services include the Vanderbilt Adult Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (VAPOC), the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (CAPOC), and several school-based programs.
We provide services in the following clinical areas:
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
* VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equity
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce (TempForce) was created to connect temporary talent to areas throughout the Medical Center. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center. In any given year, TempForce fills a wide variety of temporary requests including pharmacists, administrative/clerical roles, medical assistants and more.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Registered Nurse - Tennessee
Bachelor's: Nursing (Required)
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.