$2,500 Sign-On Bonus For External Candidates!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Registered Nurses in the Optum at Home program work with patients primarily in their home setting. They perform as part of a care team including a Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health Advocate, Care Navigator, and other supporting team members. They deliver role appropriate patient care through in-home visits, telephonic outreach and consultations, and interdisciplinary team activities.
The Registered Nurse may perform care and counsel of the ill, injured, or infirm, in the promotion and maintenance of health with individuals, groups, or both throughout the life span. They help to manage health problems and coordinate health care for the Optum at Home patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. This includes (but is not limited to) assessment of health status, development, and implementation of plan of care, and ongoing evaluation of patient status and response to the plan of care. Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other care team members.
- Assess the health status of members as within the scope of licensure and with the frequency established in the model of care
- Establish goals to meet identified health care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate responses to the plan of care
- Work collaboratively the multidisciplinary team to engage resources and strategies to address medical, functional, and social barriers to care
- Works closely with mental health clinicians to help bridge the gap between mental and physical health
- Consult with the patient’s PCP, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate
- Assess patient needs for community resources and make appropriate referrals for service
- Facilitate the patient’s transition within and between health care settings in collaboration with the primary care physician and other treating physicians
- Completely and accurately document in patient’s electronic medical record
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, condition trajectory and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit
- Verify and document patient and/or family understanding of condition, plan of care and follow up recommendations
- Actively participate in organizational quality initiatives
- Participate in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of care delivery
- Maintain credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification (if applicable) and CEUs
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of UnitedHealthcare and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of compassion, integrity, performance, innovation, and relationships in the care provided to our members
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted licensure as RN in state of practice
- 1+ years of experience as a RN
- Experience in assessing the medical needs of patients with complex behavioral, social and/or functional needs
- Ability to work with diverse care teams in a variety of settings including non-clinical settings (primarily patient homes)
- Computer literate and able to navigate the Internet
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time for field-based work, valid driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven computer skills, including use of Electronic Medical Records
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.